Posted by cmotbd on September 19th, 2011 at 02:12am
Dresses to Wear to a Wedding Reception are becoming more and more flexible and popular these days. This is also the case when you have chosen not to attend wedding ceremony, or when the ceremony was private but you still received an invite for the wedding reception. A perfect example of this situation is both the Royal Wedding sisters, Kate and Pippa changed their white beauties into a white less formal dress and an impressive emerald green satin breath taker. If you want some advice on dresses to wear to a wedding reception, we have some great tips listed below:
- Check the Invitation: Pay attention to the invitation. If it indicates anything like formal dress or black tie, then you know you need to dress to the nines for this event. This means a tuxedo or suit and tie for men and full length dresses or ball gowns for women. It can be an enormous indicator of how formal or casual your choice of attire should be.
- Outside or Indoors: Take your cue from the venue of the reception. If the reception is going to be outside, you can usually get away with more casual clothing than if the reception will be in a formal ballroom. This can also be a great leader when it comes to choosing dresses to wear to a wedding reception that will be comfortable according to the climate, location, and environment.
- Not Too Casual: It is still a wedding: Refrain from going too casual, unless the invitation specifically requests jeans and t-shirts. You’re still attending a wedding, after all. Even the more laid back outdoor venues require a degree of decorum. Business casual dress, such as khakis and polo shirts, are about as casual as you should go.
- Avoid Flamboyant: Avoid colors that are too loud and patterns that are too wild. Either one of these things will make you stand out in a bad way. Also try to remain in good taste by avoiding too short of dress, low cut necklines, and dresses that are not so classic looking. A wedding no matter what formality is still an important event.
- Compare With Other Guests: Find out what other guests will be wearing. If you can match your style of dress to that of other people who will be attending the reception, you will rarely go wrong.
Knowing what dresses to wear to a wedding reception is important. If you’re dressed too fancy or not fancy enough, you’re going to stand out like a sore thumb. That’s not the kind of lasting impression you want to leave on your fellow guests or the happy couple. Unless you’re the bride or groom, it pays to know what dresses to wear to a wedding reception before you attend one.
Under Wedding Dresses